Master's degree pathways for international students offer a premium route to MBA, MS and MEng degrees at a top ranking US University. Join the Pre-Master's Program at Widener University.
The Pre-Master's Program offers on-campus MBA preparation, Master of Engineering preparation and preparation for Hospitality master's, Business Process master's and Taxation master's to international students at Widener University (see full list of master's degrees on right/below).
Designed for international students
The Pre-Master's Program is offered to international students who want to study at Widener University in Philadelphia but:
- have too low English proficiency for direct entry to a master's degree
- do not have an official TOEFL/IELTS score
- need training for GMAT or GRE (standardized USA graduate admissions tests)
These students are not qualified for direct entry to a graduate program but may be able to join the Pre-Master's Program instead. Students are accepted into Widener University through the Pre-Master's Program provided they meet all the University's other academic standards.
This graduate student timeline helps you calculate the likely duration of your study at Widener University in Philadelphia.
Program length depends on your English level when you start at the International Study Center:
*No official TOEFL or IELTS score is required. Students can take the free Password English Test to determine their English language proficiency. Contact us to arrange an English test.
|English level on entry
||Master's degree (30-33 credits)
TOEFL iBT 70
or 6.0 IELTS
|1 semester (4 months)
|12 months (MBA)
16 months (MS Taxation or MS Business Process Innovation)
2 academic years (MEng)
3 academic years (MS Hospitality)
TOEFL iBT 60
or 5.5 IELTS
|2 semesters (8 months)
The timeline serve as a guide only. Your Pre-Master's Program duration and study plan is confirmed after a post-arrival English test. Progression through your degree as shown above depends on the achievement of minimum academic standards.
Graduate degrees at Widener University
Widener University excels at providing graduate programs that combine challenging academics and real-world knowledge - to take your career to the next level. Engaging classes are taught by world-class faculty. Hands-on experiential learning opportunities are available through paid internships in the professional sector.
The Pre-Master's Program offers a pathway leading to:
Degree progression requirements
Graduate international students must make satisfactory academic progress and successfully complete the Pre-Master's Program before they can progress to a Widener University master's degree:
- maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.00 in all courses with no grade lower than a 'B'
- completed all pre-requisite undergraduate courses (or the equivalent courses on an undergraduate program in their own country)
- take the Institutional TOEFL test - at Widener University after completion of the Pre-Master's Program - with the equivalent of TOEFL 95 iBT (no individual section below 23) or IELTS 6.5
Specific matriculation requirements
- MBA: pass the GMAT with a minimum score of 510 or the GRE with a minimum score of 500/500
- MS Taxation and Financial Planning: pass the GMAT (minimum score 510)
- MS Business Process Innovation: pass the GMAT or GRE
- MEng: pass the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) with a cumulative score of at least 1050 in the verbal and quantitative sections, and top 40% in the Math test.