Admission to Widener University through International Study Center programs is fast, streamlined and straightforward.
How to apply to university
Note that you will be required to submit copies of relevant supporting documents (see below) with your university application.
The university admission process
Our expert Student Enrollment Advisors will support you through the whole process. Your admission to the University will follow these steps:
- Submit your university application form.
- Also send us your supporting evidence, including copies of your passport, school transcripts and bank statement.
- You will be asked to take the free Password English Test if you do not have an IELTS or TOEFL score.
- We will pass your completed application to the Admissions Department for review of your academic qualifications.
- If your application is successful we send you a formal University acceptance letter within 2 weeks.
- Pay an enrollment deposit (varies by country, and refundable if your visa is denied) to accept the offer.
- Mail us your official transcripts, original bank statement (and original sponsor's letter, if applicable)
- We will release your I-20 immigration document.
- You then need to apply for a F1 student visa.
- You must pay your remaining fees (either in full or your first installment)
immediately upon visa approval, or by July 1st for the fall semester, November 1st for the spring semester and April 1st for the summer semester.
- Before your program starts, we will ask you to complete pre-arrival documents (health history, flight details, housing application etc).
- Arrive in the US the weekend before your program starts - you will be met at the airport if you have booked a transfer - to settle into your new home.
University application deadline
Your completed application form and all supporting documents must be submitted by these dates:
|Preferred start date
||Summer semester: May 2014
||Fall semester: August 2014
||Spring semester: January 2015
||April 28, 2014
||July 14, 2014
||December 1, 2014
We recommend you apply as early as possible, because the visa application process can delay your university admission. We offer rolling admissions so you can submit your application at any time and it will be considered for the next available start date.